Employee Training & Competency
At the Brett Group the development of our people is high on our list of priorities as they are at the heart of how we differentiate ourself in our marketplace.
In order to do this:
- We will recruit responsibly and conduct an induction programme prior to an individual commencing duties unsupervised to ensure that all aspects of their role and responsibilities are understood.
- All personnel, whether direct/indirect or subcontract, will be competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, skills and experience.
- We have management systems in place for training and to ensure awareness, competence and clearly defined responsibilities for all employees, including functional activities and those relating to health and safety and sustainability.
In order to ensure competence and awareness we will:
- Determine the necessary competence for all personnel/job functions using a competency matrix.
- Provide appropriate training or other programmes based on an assessment of competence.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training through a variety of measures and management processes.
- Maintain records of education, training, skills and experience.
- Engage all employees in their own personal development.
- % of employees covered by UKAS accredited BS EN ISO 9001, BS EN ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 systems.
- % of employees working to QHEST but site not yet certified to BS EN ISO 14001 or BS OHSAS 18001.
- % of employees having an initial induction within the first month of employment.
- % of relevant employees appraised and owning a Personal Development Plan.
- % of employees completing work related NVQ/QCFs or other professional qualifications that meet required National Occupational Standards.
- Average number of hours of training provided per employee annually.
- % of employees assessed according to the competency matrix and having a training plan.
Click here to read Employee Training & Competency policy document.